Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sitting in an empty apartment is surreal...

Our movers came today and with the exception of a few things that are going in an express shipment and our suitcases, our apartment is completely emtpy. So empty that it echos.

It really sank in that we are leaving when I watched the moving truck drive away with three sealed crates of our belongings that will be shipped to Sicily.

Now, for the next week to ten days we are "camping out". We borrowed an air mattress & basic linens from my grandma and will be hanging out in our empty apartment. I am really missing my sofa, or desk and chair right now. Hard wood floors aren't very comfortable!

I'm looking forward to hitting the road. Once we leave the apartment we will be traveling for a few weeks visiting friends and family, and we plan on sneaking in a little mini vacation at a wonderful spa in the Napa Valley. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Trav'ler Jenn said...

I love the echo when we talk! I hope you love camping! And I hope your stuff all gets to Sicily in one piece. So much excitement!

What do you think you'll miss the most?