Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Traversing California

In the time since we left San Diego we have driven somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 miles. We left San Diego on October 4 and drove to my parents' home in San Luis Obispo. On Friday, October 6 we took a "lovely" day trip to LA to drop off my car (now "our" car since we are down to one vehicle) for shipment to Sicily. Over the weekend we just relaxed and spent time with my family. One of our sidetrips was out to See Canyon, a great place near SLO to buy apples in the fall.

Les & I at See Canyon


We left SLO on October 10 and made our way up to the Napa Valley to visit Les' family and have a mini-vacation. We stayed at the Mt. View hotel for three nights and then spent one night at the Hotel D'Amici, both in Calistoga. By my standard of a nice hotel (i.e. nice 100% cotton sheets and fluffy big towels) both hotels were LOVELY. We even got to take advantage of a couple of spa treatments while we were there.

Fall in the Napa Valley


Old Faithful Geyser, Calistoga


Bale Grist Mill, Napa Valley


We left the Napa Valley on October 15 and headed to Roseville to see a couple of our best friends. We had a great time, even though it was too short. While in Roseville we were also able to sneak in a few hours with my cousins that took the time to drive down from Placerville. It was so good to see them again and reconnect!

Cousins - Marla, Me, Malinda


I feel blessed to have this time with my friends and family. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

1 comment:

Trav'ler Jenn said...

I miss lovely CA. Are you overseas yet??? Send me a note sometime. You can see pictures of our lovely fall on my blog:)