Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

Even though this Thanksgiving holiday is remarkably different from any other I’ve had in the past I have much to be thankful for.

1. I have a husband that loves me
2. I have a wonderful family – I couldn’t ask for better!
3. I have amazing friends that have stuck by me through thick and thin
4. My cat isn’t lost anymore (yes, our first day here Pumpkin disappeared for a couple of hours when the maintenance guy left my front door wide open)
5. I live in Sicily
6. In the short time I’ve been in Sicily I’ve made new friends
7. Even though Les has duty today (sucks being the new guy) I'm getting together with the friends mentioned above for dinner
8. We now have internet access in our new home
9. With blazing fast speed, our personal property arrives tomorrow (unlike many of our friends, some of whom shipped their stuff earlier than we did)
10. I live in a house that is nearly three times the size of the place we had in San Diego
11. I have my own office
12. I get to eat yummy Italian/Sicilian food anytime I want
13. A cappuccino here costs at most 1.50 Euro (I don’t know if I will be able to handle $4.00 for a latte at Starbucks when I get back to the states!)

I’m sure if I sit here long enough I’ll think of many more, but that is what comes to mind at the moment.

I would love to know what you are thankful for today, so if you feel like it, post your list(s) as a comment to this post.

To all my wonderful friends and family – Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Trav'ler Jenn said...

I am thankfull for you wonderful lady, and for this blog that makes me smile and yearn for Italia.

Send me that sign. I'll translate:)

Ciao bella donna!