Thursday, May 24, 2007

Noto Infiorata

I've been aching to get out of the house and do more sightseeing. I spend so much time at home that I sometimes forget I live in Italy. Last weekend we took a much needed day trip with our friends, Alice and Blake, to Noto for Infiorata, their spring festival. The highlight of the festival is a street paved with flower mosaics. Here are a few of the pictures. The detail was stunning. It is hard to see the scale in the close up photos, but the first one should give an idea of the size.











Les, Alice, and Blake with the Mediterranean Sea in the background

We had a really good time. I can't wait to get out of the house again and see more!

1 comment:

PinkAcorn said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today. I'm also from Ca and planning a trip to Sicily 2008. YOur pictures are wonderful, I will be back often.
Marlene