Thursday, August 02, 2007

DEFY

For the past two weeks Les has been volunteering for the DEFY (Drug Education For Youth) day camp. I was hoping to be the unofficial camp photographer but the stars didn't align quite right and I only made it to the camp the first day.

Those of you that know me know how pleasant I am early in the morning. It wouldn't have been good for me, Les or anyone else for me to leave the house with him at 5:45AM and since we only have one car I wasn't able to join up later in the day. Luckily Les takes good pictures too and took my camera with him most days. He got some great pictures of the rest of the camp.

I did get several great shots that first day though. Here is my favorite:


I love that I captured the kids mid-air running up the stairs. Oh to have that kind of energy...and did I mention it was 116F that day? Needless to say I didn't make it up those stairs quite as fast as they did.

1 comment:

*s* said...

Great pic! Hope Les had fun :D