Monday, September 17, 2007

A very nice weekend

Les had the day off on Friday so we had a nice, long weekend. Thursday night after work Les had a rehearsal with his band. He and a couple other military members started a rock band and are hoping to play at events on base. He seems to really be enjoying it and has determined that he needs more toys - a better bass amp and another bass guitar. I told him Christmas and his birthday are coming.

While they were rehearsing I took the opportunity to see a movie at the base theater. I saw License to Wed with Mandy Moore, Robin Williams and John Krasinski. Very cute movie, and with Robin Williams you are guaranteed to laugh.

Friday was laid-back but we did get out that evening and did a bit of shopping in Misterbianco (Les wanted to check out the new PC Superstore) and at Etnapolis. I bought a very cute pair of Converse ballet flats. On our way home we stopped at the Family Ristorante - one of the best places to eat close to home. I tried out their house pasta which was a tagliatelle with bolognese sauce (tomato and meat sauce) with cream, prosciutto, peas, and mushrooms. It was really good! Definitely worth a repeat.

Saturday was the best part of the weekend. We spent the day at Fontane Bianche beach with a bunch of Les' coworkers and their families. Tourist season has passed so the beach was quiet but the weather was warm and perfect for laying on the beach and playing in the water. I didn't take my camera, so no pictures this time, but I am now motivated to get a waterproof camera that I can take to the beach. It was quite beautiful and I'd like to have a few pictures to remember the day by.

Sunday was pretty low-key. We went to church on base. Les plays bass and guitar with the praise band in the chapel a couple of times each month. Following church we grabbed a quick lunch and then Les was off to rehearse with his rock band again. I did a bit of grocery shopping and came home. We invited our friends Sheena & Tony over for dinner and had a very yummy Thai green curry, played cards and were entertained by their daughter, Carlee, whom I absolutely adore.

Nothing extraordinary about my weekend, but it was really good to get out and play, spend time with friends, and relax.

1 comment:

Trav'ler Jenn said...

Sounds like a piece of paradise! Happy Birthday love!