Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Catching Up

I returned last night from 10 days vacation in Rome and Florence. I shared my time with my mom, two aunts, grandmother, and a cousin. Prior to departing for the mainland my mom and I spent five days touring around Sicily. I have around 400 pictures to sort through and will be posting a recap of my adventures over the next few days.

Spending time with family is always a treat for me, but is even more meaningful since I hadn't seen my mom for six months and the rest of my visiting family for at least a year. I enjoyed my time with them immensely, but the preciousness of the experience didn't really set in until I was sitting on the plane coming home. Not many people can say that their mom visited twice in their first year living abroad, they walked through ruins in Rome with their cousin, wine tasted in Tuscany with their aunts, or wandered the streets of Florence with their grandmother. I am truly blessed to have shared those experiences with people who are dear to me.

----------------
Now playing: Ray Charles & Norah Jones - Here We Go Again
via FoxyTunes

No comments: