Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why I Love Wine

As I was perusing the blogosphere this evening I came across an interesting post: We Are Transmitters on a blog entitled On the Wine Trail in Italy. The author made a comment that sums up why I love wine: " the gift we have been given to gather and tell stories and open bottles and eat and drink and laugh and love".

Some of my most cherished memories involve food, wine, friends, family, and laughter. Beer and liquor seem to bring out the obnoxious and vulgar in people. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a mixed drink now and then, and I even sometimes drink a beer or two, but nothing brings out the love and laughter in a group of family or friends like a good bottle of wine.


----------------
Now playing: Diana Krall - Let's Fall In Love
via FoxyTunes

No comments: