Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Giddy

I wrote a huge paper for school last week - around 25 pages. As I was nearing the end I went back to read through the requirements one more time and realized that I was missing a few things. The paper was supposed to include certain statistical concepts and probably corresponding calculations. I had covered a few of the topics but didn't have any calculations.

I nearly panicked as I flipped back to the syllabus to see what percentage of my grade would suffer if I turned it in the way it was. It was only 5% of my overall grade so I decided to take the chance. I finished it up, proofed it, and, other than missing a few things was very happy with the way it turned out. Off it went to the professor.

Today I opened up my messages for class and noticed that my grade had been updated. gulp. I felt those nervous butterflies start to act up in my tummy and wondered how bad the damage was. (It was a feeling similar to knowing that you need to look at the credit card bill after vacation but you aren't looking forward to it.)

When I opened the message I was completely flabbergasted! I got a 100%!!!! The professor even made "very good" type comments with exclamation points! All I could do was laugh. I couldn't believe it. I'm totally giddy and happy right now and had to share. :)

No comments: