Thursday, February 14, 2008

Winter Pesto

Yesterday, after I finished making the cheesecakes I was in desperate need of "real" food. (I ate way too much batter!) I decided to try a recipe I found on the Orangette blog for Winter Pesto. Her recipe calls for almonds, but since I didn't have almonds on hand I tried walnuts instead. It was delicious! I served my pesto over fresh pasta for a decadent yet simple lunch.

Winter Pesto
Adapted from Orangette Blog
  • 4 tbsp. walnut pieces
  • 1 cup Italian parsley - packed
  • 4 - 6 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 of a lemon
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 1 small garlic clove
  1. In a small food processor, pulse the walnuts until finely ground. Add the parsley, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic and process to a paste. Taste and, if needed, adjust salt, lemon juice, and/or olive oil.
On an entirely different note I'm thinking about starting a new blog just for sharing my ideas on food and wine. I'm not entirely sold on the idea and would like to know what you think. There is a poll on the right hand side of the page - please let me know your opinion. If you have anything else to add you can always leave me a comment or message me on Meebo (also on the right hand side of the page).

Ciao!

----------------
Now playing: Josh Groban - Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: