Friday, March 14, 2008

Growing Pains

Every time I try something new with my camera I'm reminded that I have a lot to learn. Recently, with my husband's encouragement, I've taken my camera off the fully-automatic settings and ventured into the "creative zone" and started shooting in RAW format.

I know this is what I need to do to fully utilize the capabilities of my camera and grow as a photographer but my last batch of pictures was really disappointing. I got a few good ones in Germany, but they are a precious few. Some of the problems I can blame on something other than myself (lighting in the building, sitting too far back in the congregation, etc.), but several, well, I just screwed up and didn't pay attention to details...like which focus point my camera was picking. Uff. I ended up with way too many pictures where the subject is out of focus and the background is in focus! ARGHHH!!!

Anyway, I'm slowly starting to sort through my Germany photos. I will post some of the better ones soon. In the meantime, if anyone reading this has any tips on how to get more out of my Canon Digital Rebel I'm open to suggestions!

No comments: