Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What a day...and it isn't even noon

I woke up rested and happy this morning. I didn't wake up to the sound of dogs barking, yipee! I thought this was a good sign...but it turns out that they were up to something.

We don't have dogs, but our neighbors do - two big dogs.

After I finished my breakfast I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. It looked like a brown dog...just like my neighbor's dog. Uh-oh. I'm used to seeing the dogs on the other side of the fence, but this wasn't right. They were outside of their yard.

As I glanced toward their yard I noticed their gate was wide open. Yep, that was what they were up to, why they let me sleep. They were working on opening the gate. I spent the next several minutes trying to get them back into their yard.

One of their dogs likes me, the other...well, I can't really tell. He is a big rottie with an even bigger bark. He scares me. While he was outside of his yard he actually sniffed me and let me scratch him a little. As soon as I closed the gate he was really ticked and really loud, and I swear trying to bite my hand off as I latched the gate. Uff. So, yes, I eventually got them back into their yard.

I thought the excitement was over but I was mistaken. As I was looking out my back window I saw a brown dog head come under my fence. Yep, they were digging into MY yard! Oh hell no! So, then I had to go move a rock to block them from coming over. I really don't want them trampling my garden!

So, that was my excitement for the day...or so far anyway. It isn't even noon yet.

If my exciting morning didn't make you smile, maybe this cartoon will. I found it in Readers' Digest this morning. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: