Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More fun than studying

Its amazing how easy it is to find things to do that are more fun that studying.  This morning as I was glancing through my Google Reader I came across and article and video from Jeff Revell at PhotoWalkPro about single image HDR processing. HDR processing caught my attention a few months ago, but each of the methods for processing require a program called PhotoMatix, which I don't have, in addition to Photoshop.  Today, as I watched the instruction video I was amazed at what PhotoMatix could do.  I pulled up their website and downloaded the free trial, picked one of my pictures and decided to give the process a go.  Here is the before and after:

Before HDR Processing with minimal adjustments in Adobe Lightroom (White Balance: Daylight and Auto Tone)
 
 After HDR Single Image Processing
Notice the lovely Photomatix watermark...this indicates that I am using the trial version
Pretty amazing, huh? I love how it gives the photo more drama and brings out the details. This piece of software has just jumped to the top (or near the top) of my wish list. To see the complete tutorial video go to http://www.revellphotography.com/blog/?p=961

Ok, now I really need to study.  Three chapters down, two to go. (and that is just for week one reading). Then I get to actually start my assignments, discussion questions, etc. fun fun.

No comments: