Friday, July 11, 2008

Nothing much, really

Padara, July 6, 2008

I had hoped to have more blog-worthy material during my break from school, but so far it isn't working out that way. Not that I haven't been busy, I just haven't been able to travel and sightsee like I wanted. For one, it is way to hot out. Some days have seen temperatures as high as 108F. Yuck. I've been staying busy, mostly at home or running errands.

Last weekend Les' band played a gig in Padara, a small town in the foothills of Mt. Etna. We had a blast! I only took a few pictures that evening, wasn't really in the creative frame of mind, and none of them are very good. The morning after the gig I was feeling a bit more artsy and walked around the town center for a little while, which is when I took the picture above.

The rest of the week has passed mostly in a blur. Monday and Tuesday I did housework and Wednesday Les got sick. He came home from work with a 103F fever so I took him to the ER. They weren't able to pinpoint anything wrong so they sent him home with motrin around 3 hours later. The next day, Thursday, he slept most of the time and was feeling better by the evening. Unfortunately his SIQ (the piece of paper that lets him stay home from work) expired at 6:30P in the evening. It was his duty day so he had to go to work and stand duty for the night. He didn't sleep well and was feeling awful today.

Today was Ponte Dirillo. Les was supposed to participate by playing taps again on his trumpet but he was so sick he thought he'd pass out if he played. Finally we convinced his bosses to let him go home, only we had to go to medical first...45 minutes past home...and we were about 45 minutes away from home...ugh. We ended up in the ER again for another few hours but this time he got a bit better care. They still don't know what kind of bug he caught but at least they were thorough in examining him. He is now peacefully asleep and hopefully getting better. Thankfully it is the weekend and he doesn't have to work for a few days.

I was hoping to go to the beach or something this weekend but I'm thinking that isn't going to happen. This is my last free weekend before I start class again. Next weekend I am cohosting a baby shower for a friend so I will be busy.

So, in case anyone who reads this blog was wondering, that is what I've been up to. Busy...but not doing anything terribly exciting. Hopefully I'll get out again soon and be able to take more pictures to share. Ciao for now.

No comments: