Friday, August 22, 2008

Beware of the jellies

 

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you probably remember my story of our trip to Lipari and my run in with a jellyfish.  Incidently, I still have a scar on my arm from that encounter which was two months ago!  Anyway, after hearing my story one of my grandmothers clipped an article out of her local paper and sent it to me.  It is about jellyfish, particularly in the Mediterranian, and how their populations are exploding because of climate change.  I thought it was really interesting so I looked up online so I could share it here.

Stinging Tentacles Offer Hint of Oceans’ Decline

So, if you are planning on taking a swim at any of Sicily's beaches this summer (or any in the Med, for that matter) keep an eye out for the jellies. 

No comments: