Friday, August 15, 2008

Pumpkin Tails - Locked in the Closet

When I woke up this morning it briefly crossed my mind that pumpkin hadn't curled up in bed with me after Les got up.  I didn't think too much about it and meanered to my computer where I checked my email, caught up on Google Reader, and chatted with a friend online.  Around 10:30A I started feeling really hungry so I went downstairs for breakfast. 

I was getting comfy on the sofa, plate in my lap, watching a bit of the olympics when I heard this not-quite-normal rustling sound.  I thought it might be pumpkin playing with something but it sounded louder than usual.  I set my plate down quietly and crept around the house trying to find out where the noise was coming from.  No luck.  I went back to my breakfast and then heard the noise again.  This time, I was able to discern a bit better the direction it was coming from. I was really hoping we didn't have some sort of large rodent in our walls.

As I walked down the hall I heard a commotion in the coat closet.  I opened up the closet and a huge orange furball came flying out of the closet.  He spent the next 10 minutes or so yelling at me (yes, my cat is very vocal).  I called my husband at work to see why on earth Pumpkin was in the hall closet.  Turns out that Les had opened the closet to deposit a box for recycling and left the door open for a bit (a few seconds? a minute? who knows...), long enough for Pumpkin to discover the boxes (he loves cardboard) an make himself at home.  At some point Les noticed the open door and closed it, not thinking to check if there was a cat inside.  Oops.

The rest of the day has been pretty laid back.  Pumpkin spent most of his time upstairs because my friend came over to craft and brought her (adorable) 7 month old daughter.  Pumpkin isn't a fan of the babies.  He's slowly coming around since so many of our friends have kids, but he is very wary of people, especially those closer to his size. If you want to check out the projects I was working on today check out my other blog.

No comments: