Monday, September 29, 2008

Boxes of Memories

I have never scrapbooked. I just put everything that should go into scrapbooks into boxes. Lots and lots of boxes. I have two of them here with me and the memories go back to my last year or so of college, roughly 8-9 years worth of cards, letters, random pictures that never made it to photo albums, movie stubs, concert tickets, and playbills from various plays and musical I've attended. I have several more boxes of similar content with items dating back to my childhood at my parents' house that my mom would like me to take possession of  :) but so far I've avoided.

I recently decided to do a scrapbook for Les' and my wedding. This is what prompted me to dig through these memory boxes to see what I could find from our wedding. While I was searching I came across a couple of things that I thought I would share here. The first one is an email forward I received from a friend back in 2001. It was good enough to print off and put in my memory box! It still cracks me up so I thought I would post it here and then send another piece of paper to the recycle bin. (I'm so torn between hoarding stuff and hating clutter!)

Expressions for Women on High Stress Days:
  1. You - Off my planet.
  2. Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?
  3. Well, this day was a total waste of make-up.
  4. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
  5. I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for 30 years.
  6. Allow me to introduce myselves.
  7. Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
  8. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.
  9. I'm just working here until a good fast-food job turns up.
  10. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality
  11. Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you weren't asleep.
  12. I can't remember if I'm the good twin or the evil one.
  13. How many times do I have to flush before you go away?
  14. You say I'm a bitch like it's a bad thing.
  15. Chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is done.
  16. Earth is full. Go home.
  17. Is it time for your medication or mine?
  18. How do I set a laser printer to stun?
  19. I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.
Hopefully these made you smile and laugh a bit.  I have another story to share but it is a bit longer and needs to be retyped.  I'll save that for another day.

No comments: