Monday, September 08, 2008

Overall, a really good weekend

This weekend was a good one.  It started off with a girls night out.  We (my girlfriends & I) ran a few errands and then stopped at the hospital to check on a friend who was having a baby.  We lucked out, got to see her, and her precious new daughter!  I even got to hold her :) I think she might have been the newest baby I've ever held...only a few hour old.  So sweet!

After visiting for a bit we had to run to the theater, we were a few minutes late for our movie - Mamma Mia!


 It was awesome!  I could watch it over and over, and will definitely be adding it to my DVD collection when it comes out.  If you like musicals and love to laugh you'll love this movie!

After the movie we went out to dinner at a nearby restuarant called Medusa's.  They have awesome food.  We sat there until just after midnight, long after our food was gone just talking and laughing.  I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time!  My jaw hurt!  It was awesome!  I need more nights (days, etc.) like that.

Saturday was Sheena's baby shower.  I had a great time hanging out with more great women.  Lots of laughs with the games and watching the kids who were there do the silly things that kids do.  Here are a few of my favorite pics from the party:

Sheena's daughter - Her little smile makes me smile!  I also love how I caught the light in her eyes, even though her hair is in her face :)

"helping" mommy open gifts

A really cool framed scrapbook layout that someone gave as a gift

Still being helpful...or wait, did she think the stuffed bunny was for her? lol

Sunday was very laid back.  Les and I switched bathrooms, which was exciting for me, as silly as it sounds.  Since we've been in this house I've had the master bath and Les has used the hall bathroom.  The main reason was because he is up so early I didn't want to be woken up by the shower. The downside to this arrangement was that the hall bathroom has the bathtub.  Les doesn't fully appreciate a bathtub, at least not like most women would. Last week, for some reason, Les used my shower in the morning.  Twice.  It didn't wake me up either time!  We decided to switch so now I have the big bathroom and bathtub!  Woohoo! Bath here I come.

Sunday evening we decided to go to a movie on base.  We ran a few errands and then went to the theater.  Unfortunately I read the schedule wrong at home.  The movie we wanted to see was playing on Saturday...not Sunday.  I was so disappointed!  We ended up eating at Applebees for dinner (not my favorite, but it wasn't bad last night).

That was pretty much it for the weekend.  It was a good one (minus missing the movie on Sunday).

No comments: