Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekned

It was so nice to be home with family for Thanksgiving! We had a relatively small gathering, only 7 of us. The food was fantastic! My mom made most of it and was working for about 2 days to produce the feast. I helped a bit, but she did most of it. While she was cooking I made the decorations for the dinner table out of designer papers, a cute leaf punch, and a few ribbons. I decorated candle holders, vases, made placecards and placemats. It was a lot of fun! Here is what I came up with...



Cute, huh?  I'm pretty proud of the result.  :)

On Friday my mom and I ressurected our tradition of Black Friday Shopping!  We stuck to downtown San Luis, which wasn't nearly as busy as the big shopping centers.  We had a great time and came home with a few good buys :) Shopping here is awesome! I just have to pace myself or I will run out of money!

Saturday my mom and I ran a few errands in the morning which included stopping by a yummy bakery for some fresh bread.  Of course we had to have a coffee and morning bun too!  After errands we headed home to make lunch.  My in-laws were stopping by on their way down south to Disneyland.  I thought it was nice of them to include us in their trip even though my hubbie isn't here yet.  We had a nice time and enjoyed a lunch of homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches.  YUM!

Today my paretns are busy doing things around the house and I'm trying to stay out of the way.  I decided to grab my computer and head down to a new coffee shop for my morning fix, some free wi-fi, and to catch up on my blogs and play with my pictures a bit.  I should prbably head out soon.  I have a few errands to run for mom and then I neeed to get back to the house to pack.  We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for San Diego!  We'll stay a couple of nights with my grandma and then a couple nights with one of my aunties.  I can't wait to see everyone!  I get to see my cousin who lives down there too, and hopefully a few old friends from when Les & I lived there.  Of course I will be enjoying a few of my favorite restaurants along the way :)  Don't know when I'll have a chance to blog again, but I'll be taking my laptop down south with me so hopefully I'll have a chance.  Until then, ciao from CA!

No comments: