Thursday, November 06, 2008

Things have slowed down...a little

I've been MIA in the blog world for what seems like a very long time (really, its been only a few weeks).  Usually my absenses are just because life is boring and there isn't anything to write about.  However, recently I've been so busy that I haven't had time to write. I have had more on my plate lately than I have since I moved to Sicily. I've gotten used to such a slow pace of life that when things need to move fast it doesn't take much to feel overwhelmed.  So...a brief recap as to what I've been up to:
  • I finished my second to last class for my MBA!!! Only one more to go!  I can't believe I'm almost done.  I'm so excited (and so ready) to be finished.  The grad school equivalent of senioritis has definitely kicked in.  I had a really hard time focusing in this last class.  I got my assignments done, and maintained my grades, but didn't pay nearly as much attention to it as I have in past classes.
  • I photographed my first portrait sitting.  A friend had asked me to take her pregnancy pictures months ago when she found out she was pregnant.  Of course I agreed as long as she understood that I had NEVER taken portraits before and that I didn't have the proper lighting equipment.  The pictures turned out AWESOME!  It really helped that she was an awesome model, though. I couldn't have asked for a better first experience at portraiture. To see the rest of the best check out her blog at http://supersheenanigans.blogspot.com/2008/10/pregnancy-pics.html
  •  I shared a table at the Autumn Festival on base and sold some of my photo and craft cards. When I wasn't studying for class I was making cards and editing pictures like crazy.  The Festival also happened to be the weekend that I was supposed to be working on my final paper for class.  Yeah, that was a hectic weekend.
  • Last night I was the presenter for Photography Club.  I talked about white balance, a topic that until I did copious amounts of research I knew very little about. Even though I was nervous (I'm not the best public speaker) the presentation went well and  I understand the subject better now. I hope my fellow photog club members do too.
  • In between everything else I was trying to have a social life - Stamp Club, Card Swaps, just hanging out with friends, going out to lunch, and trying to find a bit of time to spend with my hubbie. 
Now that things have quieted down a little bit I am still pretty busy. I leave for the states in just a couple of weeks!  I will be gone for nearly six weeks and I can't wait to see my family and set foot on American soil again. It has been two years since we moved to Sicily and this will be my first trip back home.

Before I leave here are a few of the things I have going on:
  • This weekend we are going on an Olive Picking trip with the Photography Club
  • Next week I do my second portrait sitting, this time for another friend who wants family portraits for her Christmas cards
  • Another craft fair the weekend of the 15th
  • In between the fun stuff I have tons of errands to run like taking the cat to the vet and picking up any last minute odds and ends before my trip.
Whew...I get exhausted just thinking about everything that I've had going on and everything that is yet to come.  But at least it is mostly fun stuff. Beats sitting at home bored out of my mind.  Now that I'm caught up here I will probably start blogging again a bit more frequently, and will of course have much to share while I am back in the states.  Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Hi Ang, I LOVE your photographs. Wish you were around when i was pregnant. That was a wish of mine, but didn't have a photographer around me. you're an awesome photographer. i had no idea that you picked that talent up. you're very talented. would love to go out and photograph with you someday. keep it up. :) Kirsten