- I finished my second to last class for my MBA!!! Only one more to go! I can't believe I'm almost done. I'm so excited (and so ready) to be finished. The grad school equivalent of senioritis has definitely kicked in. I had a really hard time focusing in this last class. I got my assignments done, and maintained my grades, but didn't pay nearly as much attention to it as I have in past classes.
- I photographed my first portrait sitting. A friend had asked me to take her pregnancy pictures months ago when she found out she was pregnant. Of course I agreed as long as she understood that I had NEVER taken portraits before and that I didn't have the proper lighting equipment. The pictures turned out AWESOME! It really helped that she was an awesome model, though. I couldn't have asked for a better first experience at portraiture. To see the rest of the best check out her blog at http://supersheenanigans.blogspot.com/2008/10/pregnancy-pics.html
- I shared a table at the Autumn Festival on base and sold some of my photo and craft cards. When I wasn't studying for class I was making cards and editing pictures like crazy. The Festival also happened to be the weekend that I was supposed to be working on my final paper for class. Yeah, that was a hectic weekend.
- Last night I was the presenter for Photography Club. I talked about white balance, a topic that until I did copious amounts of research I knew very little about. Even though I was nervous (I'm not the best public speaker) the presentation went well and I understand the subject better now. I hope my fellow photog club members do too.
- In between everything else I was trying to have a social life - Stamp Club, Card Swaps, just hanging out with friends, going out to lunch, and trying to find a bit of time to spend with my hubbie.
Before I leave here are a few of the things I have going on:
- This weekend we are going on an Olive Picking trip with the Photography Club
- Next week I do my second portrait sitting, this time for another friend who wants family portraits for her Christmas cards
- Another craft fair the weekend of the 15th
- In between the fun stuff I have tons of errands to run like taking the cat to the vet and picking up any last minute odds and ends before my trip.