Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 Already?

Holy cow, I can't believe we are already into the new year. I've been back from California for five days now and am still fighting a mean case of jet lag.  I think it has much to do with the fact that my life in Sicily has very little structure. Its way to easy to just take a nap when I'm tired, which I am often since we returned.  It might have something to do with waking up at 4 in the morning most days...hmmmm.

Anyway, I just realized that I haven't posted anything since December 9, 2008. The rest of my trip in California flew by.  It was like time accellerated once Les arrived.  I went up to the Napa Valley for a few days to visit with his family and we had a great time.  Our first neice has grown quite a bit since we last saw her (she was not quite a year old when we moved, and now she is 3!) and we got to meet our second niece, who is seven months old.  They are both beautiful, fun girls and we had so much fun playing with them and reconneting with Les' brother and his wife.

My three days in the Napa Valley flew by and then Les and I were on our way back to San Luis Obispo. That week was filled with last minute Christmas shopping, the most awesome massages ever which were a gift from my parents, eating out at lots of good restaurants, and visiting with family.  I didn't take the camera out much that week, but wish I had.

On Christmas Eve my family reinstituted the tradition of eating breakfast at the Madonna Inn, a fabulous place in San Luis Obispo.  Here are a few of the pictures:

Grandma & Grandpa

Grandpa, Grandma, Les, and I

Les & I

Mom and her camera with Aunt Cindy in the background

Mom & Dad

Christmas morning was wonderful, as it usually is with my family.  We had a blast opening our stockings, eating a delicious breakfast of beef, egg, and potato burritos (homemade, of course!) and opening presents.  I got a new camera!!! and lot of other good stuff :)  After presents we went to work putting the finishing touches on Christmas dinner, which we ate around 2pm.  My family sure knows how to cook a turkey with all of the best fixins' possible!  It was soooo good! I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas day.  I was so blessed to be able to spend the time with my family.  Here are a few snapshots from Christmas day:

The first picture with my new Canon Digital Rebel XSI!!!


 And the Camera Wars Began....



Les doesn't like being my guinea pig...I was just testing out settings on my new camera :)

 Sir William (my mom & dad's cat)

The day after Christmas was spent packing and saying goodbyes.  It was a tough day for me. I hated leaving my family. I am so fortunate to be able to consider my family as close friends.  I truly enjoy their company.

Our flight back to Sicily was long, but uneventful.  I guess that catches me up in the blog world.  Not much else going on here.  I'm just waiting for the weather to cooperate so I can get out with  my camera.  Oh yeah, and get my body clock back to anything resembling normal.

No comments: