Monday, April 20, 2009

Staying Busy

I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks.  I've been busy, but not with travel or taking pictures, hence the sparse, or rather nonexistant, blog posts.  Hopefully soon I'll get out and take more pictures, was hoping to today actually, but I don't think that will work out.  The weather is nasty (where the heck is spring?!?!) and my hubbie has the car so I'm pretty much housebound.  I have plenty to do, though.  Housework never ends (ugh).

Over the past couple of weeks I've been busy crafting.  I signed up to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and held my first workshop which was a lot of fun.  I enjoy the excuse to get together with friends and do crafty stuff.  Here are a few of the things we made for the workshop:


Aren't they cute? If you want to see more of this kind of stuff visit my craft blog at http://avidlystamping.blogspot.com, and if you want to buy Stampin' Up! products you can visit my business website at http://angelaandrieux.stampinup.net. Ok, 'nuff "advertising", just wanted to share some of my crafty creations.

I've also taken a more lead role with the local photography club.  It is on the verge of fizzling out and I'd really hate to see that happen.  I've learned so much from belonging to the club and I would love to share what I've learned and keep on learning. We had a photo club meeting last week and there were only three of us there, and for one it was his last meeting with the club.

Such is life in the military community, people are always coming and going, and seeing friends go is rough, really rough.  In addition to my photo club friend another of my best friends here left last week and another friend leaves in about a week.  I knew this point in our time here would come but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Now that we will be staying in Sicily for a year longer than we originally expected knowing most of my friends will leave the island before me is tough to accept.  I have to keep making new friends, and putting myself out there, and that doesn't come easily to me.

That pretty much covers the high (and low) points of the past couple of weeks.  I need to get out of here, out of housing, for a bit...travel is calling my name, my feet are itchy and I need to get moving.  Hopefully soon my camera and I will be able to take a day trip at the very least or else my cabin fever will drive me nutty (nuttier?  no comments on that from the peanut gallery!). Wish me luck!

No comments: