Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Les' Gig at Etnapolis

This past Saturday Les' band, Killer Tomato, played at a televised event at Etnapolis, a nearby shopping mall. I think it may have been the biggest crowd he's ever played for.  The band did an awesome job, I'm really proud of my hubby! The event was essentially a talent competition, very odd compared to what we are used to in America, but entertaining nonetheless.  Les' band was a guest performance, not part of the competition. I don't have time to write up a big description but I hope you enjoy the photos.



The stage, before the event began


Sound Check


My view of the stage once the show started - yes I was right behind a camera boom...




Odd...very odd - a very hairy bam-bam from Flintstones perhaps?? LOL


This gentleman was playing spoons and a harmonica, he was quite good!




A local band, Sugar Free, They were really good!


More Sugar Free


Commercial break setup for Killer Tomato - Waiting for their cue...


My Hubbie :)


The crowd while Les' band was playing







After they played, a quick chat with the MC, with the help of a translator


A Michael Jackson impersonator, he was young, maybe 17? and he was REALLY good!


Homemade Drum Set - it sounded really good!


A guy in the audience, obnoxious really, but the character & personality in his face really captivated me, typical Sicilian!

1 comment:

Catherine "Cat" Evans said...

looks like it was a great time. Les looks great and again just looks like he is in his element.