Thursday, November 12, 2009

Photo Club Trip - Veterans' Day in Siracusa

Yesterday my photography club went to a World War II Cemetery in Siracusa.  We spent about an hour meandering around the graves of allied soldiers and contemplating the sacrifice they made. The fact that impacted my heart the most was that the oldest soldier in this cemetery (that I noticed) was only 36.  Most were in their twenties.

























After paying our respects to those who fell in World War II we went into Siracusa and out to the island of Ortygia.  We enjoyed yummy snacks and took in the beauty of the island for a little while before we had to go home.














1 comment:

Trav'ler Jenn said...

Your photography is really, really amazing lady! I love the shot of the boats in the sunset and, due to my fascination with cemeteries, love those as well. Can hardly wait for the day that they all explode and there is no more death!