Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving, Day 11

Today  is Veterans' Day. A time set aside to thank those who serve and who have served honorably in the United States Military.  I am very grateful for all those who serve our country in both peace time and war.  I especially want to thank my husband for his service. I am proud to be  Navy wife.

Today, in addition to our veterans, I am thankful for:
  • Photo Club Trips
  • Like-minded friends who share my hobbies
  • A chance to get out of the house and take pictures
  • A great dinner out with friends
  • A cozy bed that I will soon be crawling into
To honor Veterans' Day the Photo Club went to a WWII cemetary near Siracusa today.  I will post more pictures in the next day or two, but I will leave you with one image that will hopefully move you to consider the brave men and women who serve our country and the sacrifices they made and continue to make today.


No comments: