Friday, November 06, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving, Day 6

Today has been quite stressful. I got up this morning to a sick kitty, and since he is like my child, my constant companion, I was worried sick.  To make matters worse Les had the car today so I was stuck at home, at least until he came home from work.

After making several phone calls I found out that a friend would drive me to the vet, that the vet on base was closed, and that I could get in to see an Italian vet at 6pm in Caltagirone. Throughout the day he seemed to get better, but I didn't want to take any chances with it being Friday and his condition worsening over the weekend.

Our visit to the vet went very well. Pumpkin is going to be fine.  He essentially has a kitty cold, but it isn't life threatening - PRAISE GOD!

So, today I have much to be thankful for:
  • My kitty is going to be ok!
  • My friend who was ready to drop everything if I needed help to get Pumpkin to the vet (Thanks, K!)
  • The prayers from my friends and family for my kitty
  • My husband who was a great help in taking the cat to the vet in Caltagirone
  • An Italian vet who was able to see Pumpkin the same day that I called
  • An Italian vet who was great with my cat AND whose manner put me at ease
  • The fact that I was able to speak enough Italian to take my cat to an Italian vet who spoke very little English
  • An awesome kitty who, even though he was stuck in a carrier, taken to the vet, poked and prodded, still loves me and curled up on my lap after we got home. (A layer of cat hair on my clothes was never so welcome!)

My Fuzzy Buddy

1 comment:

Catherine "Cat" Evans said...

Aw, Pumpkin Butte....I can just feel him and his thick hair. And cuddling with me when I am there....I am so thankful as well ..... Grandkitty will be fine...