Sunday, November 01, 2009

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving

Lately life hasn't been ideal.  Nothing major is wrong, but I've easily fallen into pity party mode too often.  I've been lonely, and that has been really hard.  Les has been working long hours and I've spent too many of those hours at home, by myself, talking to my cat. Combine that with the sadness of good friends who have recently moved away and being half a world away from my family.  Needless to say its been rough.

Even though I've had a hard time with these things I don't want to live in pity party mode!  This is why I'm going to start a new feature on my blog for the month of November, in honor of Thanksgiving - Thirty Days of Thanksgiving.  Each day I will post at least one thing that I am thankful for.  My goal is to refocus my energy in a positive direction and show myself in a tangible way that life isn't that bad, in fact it is pretty good!


Today I am thankful for:
  • A friend who sent her daughter over with an ice blended pumpkin pie latte, it made me feel so special that she thought to share her treat with me!
  • My cat, pumpkin, my buddy who hangs out with me every day, and is always ready to make me feel better with a cuddle and a purr
  • Dinners made on the BBQ
  • My husband who works so hard to support us
  • My creative outlets - photography and stamping
Please join me in this project!  Use your blog, Facebook page, etc. to share what you are thankful for.  If you decide to participate please comment with the URL of your blog. I would love to follow your journey.

2 comments:

Trav'ler Jenn said...

So much to be thankful for hey babe? I have joined you in your challenge. My blog will be updated daily this month so you can keep up with my thankfulness too:) Thanks for the inspiration!

J&J said...

Ang~

I am behind in writing on my blog and reading my friends' blogs. I wish I had done this too for the month of November. Of course, I could still do it for at least half a month.

Again, well written. I see that we think a lot alike!

Blessings~

JT