Friday, January 22, 2010

Back in CA

Today marks two weeks since I left Sicily for an extended stateside visit.  I'm happy to report that I'm having a fabulous time!

I arrived in Virginia on January 9 in the wee hours of the morning.  A dear friend who I met while living in Sicily now lives in the Norfolk area and was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and transport me to her home where I stayed for a night & a half.  I had a great time catching up with her and playing with her adorable girls.

On Sunday, January 10 I flew to San Diego, CA where I was met at the airport by my mom & grandma.  I nearly cried when I saw the city from the plane.  I was home!  Mom & grandma cried when they saw me and I nearly teared up too.  I was so happy to be back in CA!

I have said it many times, and I'm sure I will continue to say that I have the best family ever!  After a quick phone call with my aunt in San Diego my mom, grandma & I were off to meet my aunt and get pedicures! My first stop after the airport! I think I will need to end every flight with a pedicure from now on.

I was in the San Diego area for a week and managed to spend time with my grandma, aunts and uncle, and a close friend.  The week flew by and then I was on my way up to San Luis Obispo and my parents' house.

On my way to SLO I thought I was having a serious allergy attack, but it turned out to be a cold and was in full swing by the time I walked in my parents' door.  But, I have to say, if I am going to get sick, getting sick where my mommy can take care of me is the best!  The next day she even made me homemade chicken noodle soup. YUM!  My cold didn't last long, thankfully, and after just a couple of days I was fit again for human contact. Being housebound for a couple of days really wasn't too bad.  My parents' house is oh so comfortable and the weather has been stormy so staying indoors by the fire was perfect.

Now that I am feeling better I am ready to get out and about...but the storms just don't want to cooperate.  We need the rain, though, and it is making the hillsides beautifully green!  I haven't taken many pictures so far this trip but I did get some on mom's and my excursion to Morro Bay....more on that in the next post!

No comments: