Thursday, February 11, 2010

Photo Club Challenge: Black and White

Although my trip to the states caused me to miss my photo club meeting I still managed to submit a few photos for the challenge, which was Black and White.  I love processing black and white photos.  There is something about the drama of a scene in black, white, and shades of gray, just the crisp details and edges that become more noticeable when seen without the distraction of color.

1/125 sec at f/8, 42mm, ISO 100

1/60 sec at f/8, 24mm, ISO 100

1/30 sec at f/9, 63mm, ISO 100

Yes, these are the same pictures from my last post about the Railroad District in SLO, but I wanted to point out that these were specifically processed for my photo club challenge. I think the processing on these lends itself to the historic nature of the subjects and brings out details that may have otherwise gone unnoticed in color.  Enjoy!

No comments: