Saturday, August 28, 2010

Photo Club Trip to Caltagirone - Part VI

Our Caltigirone Photo Club adventure ended at Il Palazzo dei Marchesi di Santa Barbara.  One of our club members had found a restaurant in the palazzo on a previous trip and he raved about it so we decided to try it out.  We were not disappointed!  Everything was fantastic,  and I will definitely go back again.  Many of us ended our meal with dolce and I chose a Fantasia of Semifreddo.

What is semifreddo?  According to Wikipedia it is " a class of semi-frozen desserts, typically ice-cream cakes, semi-frozen custards, and certain fruit tarts. It has the texture of frozen mousse because it is usually produced by uniting two equal parts of ice cream and whipped cream."  Sounds fantastic, right?

Well, here is what my fantasia looked like:

Pistachio

No idea what flavor this was, it had dried fruits and nuts and had a fruit sauce

Chocolate

Gone!
I think I liked it!

4 comments:

Dulcecupie said...

Hi Angela! This is Shakyra. I met you yesterday at the sale (I got some cardstocks and inks from you) Funny how I found your blog! I was googling the chinese restaurant you told me about and I found this! LOL I'm glad I did. Beautiful pictures in your blog. Too bad you are leaving soon. I would've love to join your photography club.
See you around :)

anglouise said...

Hi Shakyra, I'm glad you found my blog! You can still join the photo club, even though I'm leaving. I'll be continuing on without me!

Catherine "Cat" Evans said...

ok, that was such a tease!

Trav'ler Jenn said...

i think i just gained weight whilst reading your blog. oh dear, that looks amazing!