Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Museo Archeologico Natzionale in Napoli

To compliment our visits to Pompeii and Herculaneum, a visit to the Archeological Museum in Naples was a must. I had heard and read that many of the relics found at these sites were housed at the museum, including many of the frescos and mosaics.

I really enjoyed the beautiful sculptures and frescoes, but was disappointed to find out as I reached the end of the museum that I hadn't seen any mosaics, nor had I seen the Egyptian room that I'd read about.  I asked at the bookshop and was told that both the mosaic and Egyptian sections were closed for renovations.  The museum was still worth the visit, but if I ever make it back to Naples I will have to visit the museum again to see the sections that I missed.



1 comment:

Sheena said...

I love that first one. The light and shadows are great. =)