Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mussels and Mozzarella

The two foods that I ate the most of while in and around Naples were Mussels and Mozzarella.  Both were FANTASTIC!  The Mozzarella di Bufala in the Campania region was some of the best I had ever had and the seafood was delicious and fresh.

I didn't take many photos of the food that I ate (silly me!).  I always seem to remember after I'm halfway through the plate and its never quite as pretty half eaten as it was when I began.  So, you'll have to do with a single photo of Spaghetti con Cozze, Spaghetti with Mussels - a dish I highly recommend if you visit Naples.


I'd also recommend a visit to Fratelli la Bufala if you ever come across one of their restaurants.  We visited their restaurant in Pozzouli, a small suburb of Naples. Apparently they are a chain that originated in the Campania region and their food is awesome.

No comments: