Friday, June 10, 2011

Art Around Adams

Last weekend the local art community was showcased with a two mile art walk along Adams Avenue. Art Around Adams had everything from visual to performing art and beautiful to bizarre. I spent the better part of an afternoon and evening wandering through art galleries and various businesses who had opened their doors to let local artists exhibit their work.  There were performers of music and dance and of course, abundant food - the entire experience a treat for the senses.

This week's Photo of the Week (hosted by Jessica Rogers Photography) was taken on Adams Avenue of a building that I walk and drive by frequently. Murals are becoming more and more common in my neighborhood and this building is a great example.

Fire
The sides of this building are just as interesting:




Another mural in the making on the side wall of Art Lab:





More art in progress:



Musicians:



A few other sights around my neighborhood:


Painted Utility Box


And one of my favorite sights around San Diego - the neighborhood signs.  I love them!




Mostly photos in this post, but wanted to take a moment to share some of the things I saw during the Art Around Adams festival and around my neighborhood. Have a great weekend!

No comments: