Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/01 - Never Forget

This collection of photos was taken in August, 2002; just 11 months after our country was attacked.

Winter Garden at the World Financial Center (Notice the cranes inside making repairs)
The wounds of 9/11 were still fresh - streets were lined with objects remembering those who were lost.





Never forget!

I will never forget where I was, 10 years ago. At home, getting ready for work, watching the news - seeing the towers come down.  The fear, not knowing what to do. I went to work, but my building was soon evacuated since we were next door to a Federal building. I grabbed everything important to my company and headed home and waited to see what would come next.

In the days that followed there was a deep sadness for those who were lost and those who gave their  lives to save others, but I will also never forget how American people came together in a way I'd never before witnessed. Political views, races, income levels, etc. didn't matter so much anymore. We were all AMERICAN!
Never forget those who gave their lives for others and for our freedom.
Never forget those who were senselessly killed on September 11, 2001.
Never forget that we are a people united under one flag.
Never forget that we are American!

No comments: