Friday, September 02, 2011

Inspiration from the Kitchen Sink

When it comes to photography I find a great deal of my inspiration by traveling and exploring - getting out and seeing new places.  I tend to get a bit creatively blocked when I'm at home, doing all of the things that need to be done around the house. It can be hard to make (and take) the time to get out explore near home.

I think that is why I'm in a bit of a creative slump again. I haven't even posted a Photo of the Week for two weeks! This week I decided that needed to change. I looked around my home for inspiration and found it in the oddest place - the dripping of my kitchen faucet.

Drip, Drip, Drip

I gave myself the challenge of capturing a drop of water, mid air - and let me tell you, it wasn't easy! I really like the image that I captured, though, and I'm glad I made and took the time (even though there were a thousand other things I should have been doing) to creatively explore in my own house.

I'm still struggling with my creative block, but I also know that it takes time and effort to be creative and I just need to make myself do it sometimes.  I'm always glad when I do! Even if I don't capture the best shot, any time I bring the camera to my eye it is good practice and ultimately I'll become a better photographer for it!

No comments: