Sunday, October 30, 2011

Critters!

One of the most unique (and unexpectedly enjoyable) photo shoot workshops I attended at the California Photo Festival was the Critters! class with Jennifer Wu and Dennis Sheridan's Critters. In general I'm not a fan of creepy crawly things but I had a blast photographing lizards and frogs! I kept my distance from the spiders and scorpions, though.

Here are a few of my favorites - I loved capturing each critter's personality and the detail in their eyes. It was fascinating!




This guy was my buddy - his eyes followed me around the room. Aren't his colors & details awesome?





Ornate Horned Frog


Sonoran Desert Toad
These frogs were hilarious - so Kermit!





Aren't they fun?!

I was fortunate to be able to borrow a 60mm Macro lens for this shoot. I learned that I'm not really afraid of lizards and frogs. For many of these shots I was in their faces - literally inches away from them. I surprised myself!

Initially I wasn't keen on going to this shoot - between the creepy crawly's and not having a macro lens I didn't think I'd have much fun, but between borrowing a lens and getting to interact with the lizards & froggies, I had a blast!

Finally, don't forget that Thirty Days of Thanksgiving starts in two short days! Get ready to count your blessings!

No comments: