Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 2

Positive. Patience. Perseverance.

These are three things I had to keep in mind last night when I was out shooting. On a whim I decided to try and capture the downtown San Diego skyline in evening light. Circumstances weren't on my side, though. There was a massive tanker blocking my view of downtown and a huge bank of fog rolling in behind me, taking the sun with it.


By keeping a positive attitude, being patient (looking around for other subjects), and persevering (not giving up and going home) I found something really cool! Did you know that San Diego has a creepy old abandoned river boat?


How cool is that? It is out on the east end of Shelter Island in case you want to go looking for it. It is pretty heavily fenced off with plentiful "no trespassing" signs which makes photographing it challenging, but definitely worth the effort.


Today I am thankful for:
  • Photography and the lessons it teaches me



No comments: