Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 is well on its way!

It is January 12, 2012 and this is my first post of the year.  That wasn't part of my plan.  I had grand ideas about posting more regularly and making a few changes in how I'm running my photography business.  Those changes are still in the works but it seems life rarely goes as planned.

I was fortunate to spend three weeks with my family on the Central Coast of California for the holidays.  It was a roller coaster of a time but I'm so glad I was able to be there. I've been home a little less than a week, now, and with the post-holiday letdown my immune system tanked and I've been down the last few days with a nasty head cold.

Tonight, I'm finally feeling a bit more like myself and decided it was time to show you at least one of the images I made while I was up north.  Thats right, I did take a bit of time to go out shooting while I was up in San Luis Obispo County.

Harmony Bicycle Diptych
I made this image (or rather images) in Harmony, CA - population 18. It is a VERY small town with a few artists' studios that are definitely worth a look (there is a coffee mug in the pottery studio that I still kick myself for not buying). I came across this old bicycle along the side of a building with weeds growing up and around it. I love the details and textures.

Now that I'm feeling better I'll get around to posting a few more of my photographs from the trip. I promise.

No comments: