Monday, November 05, 2007

More Good Food

I try to make something special for breakfast at least once each weekend. This time I decided to try Spiked Egg Nog French Toast, another recipe from PinchMySalt.com. It was delicious!

Spiked Egg Nog French Toast
From: PinchMySalt.com
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C. store bought egg nog
  • 2 T. spiced rum - (optional)
  • 1/8 t. cinnamon
  • 1/8 t. nutmeg
  • 6 slices bread
  1. Whisk together eggs, egg nog, rum and spices. Heat a griddle. Dip bread in egg mixture, allowing it to soak in slightly. Butter the hot griddle and place soaked bread on the griddle. Cook on each side until golden brown. Serve with butter and powdered sugar or syrup.
  2. Notes: The rum is optional. If you leave it out, try adding 1/2 t. vanilla in it’s place. To increase the recipe: for every three additional pieces of bread add one egg, 1/4 cup of egg nog, and 1 T. rum (or 1/2 t. vanilla).
Angela's Notes on Spiked Egg Nog French Toast: I didn't have the rum to spike the French Toast so I opted to use vanilla. I also used Texas Toast thick sliced bread. If you choose to go this route you may want to decrease the bread to 5 slices instead of 6 OR make more of the egg/egg nog mix. My last piece of bread didn't have much of the egg mixture on it. I'm not a huge French Toast fan but this was really good and Les (who is a serious fan of French Toast) LOVED it.

A small disclaimer: I did not author this recipe or take the picture in this post. My source is listed.

----------------
Now playing: Ella Fitzgerald - How High the Moon
via FoxyTunes

No comments: