Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SLO Historic Railroad District

Last week while I was waiting for my mom I decided to take my camera and wander the Historic Railroad District of San Luis Obispo.  There wasn't as much there as I thought there would be but I still enjoyed meandering around the train station, looking at old buildings and remnants of times past.




 1837... Just a guess but it might be when this caboose (or at least its underside) was manufactured?

 The old caboose


An old luggage cart

Aamtrak Conductor


Not-so-old Engines, but I liked the paint job

Neat stuff... the old depot has been restored and is set aside to one day become a railroad museum.  I hope whoever is planning it is actually able to pull it off.  I'd love see the inside of the old depot and whatever treasures they can find from railroad history.

No comments: