Monday, May 03, 2010

Spring

A certain word keeps popping into my head that seems to describe my mood: snarky.  I've used the word but never looked it up, so I thought before I defined my mood as snarky, especially online, I should find out what it means.

According to Wiktionary "snarky" means "Snide and sarcastic; usually out of irritation."

Urban Dictionary definition #2 states that snarky is "a witty mannerism, personality, or behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually accepted as a complimentary term. Snark is sometimes mistaken for a snotty or arrogant attitude."

I like the Urban Dictionary definition better but both are probably accurate.  The irritation stems from my ability or lack thereof to take a picture specifically for the "Spring" photo challenge for my local photography club.  Certainly I have beautiful spring photos that I've taken over the past couple of months, but for photo challenges I try to do exactly that - challenge myself to take a photo for that theme, not just pull one out of the archives that fits.

Yesterday I took several photos of my rose bush out front that is exploding with buds.  It is gorgeous.  Sadly, my photos didn't do it justice. Perhaps it was just an off day but I blame it on the fact that I don't have a proper Macro Lens like this (which incidently I've been lusting after for months).

Today, completely frustrated by my flower pictures I thought of an alternative definition for "spring".


What do you think of my snarky interpretation of the challenge?  It certainly seems to fit my current frame of mind.

No comments: