Last year I attempted to complete a challenge from NaBloPoMo to post 30 times in thirty days using the theme "Thirty Days of Thanksgiving". I fell a bit behind and only posted 26 times, but the exercise of writing each day and counting my blessing was, well, a blessing. As a result I've decided to make Thirty Days of Thanksgiving an annual feature on this blog. It helps me recognize all that I have to be thankful for. I especially need to remind myself of these things now because life hasn't been easy lately. Life challenges have been stacking up and wearing me down, but I feel I need to stop and recognize all I DO have to be thankful for, even in the midst of difficulties.
In case you are wondering what NaBloPoMo is, it stands for National Blog Posting Month. Each month NaBloPoMo presents a specific topic, but November is the only month where writers can post on any topic, as long as they post daily, the goal being to post each day for an entire month.
So, here we go...today I am thankful for:
- Small Blessings
- That the gas station nearest to my house was open today, even though it is an Italian holiday
- Having just enough gas coupons to fill up my tank
- Seeing a friendly face at the gas station, and having that friend ask how I was doing and really wanting to hear the answer
- An open farmacia on an Italian holiday
- A pharmacist who spoke a bit of English
- And, above all, although my cat is still sick he trying to pull through his illness