Friday, July 08, 2011

Wild Things

Last weekend we braved the heat and crowds to visit the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (previously known as the Wild Animal Park) with my hubbie's parents. It had been several years since my last visit and much has changed. We had a lot of fun exploring and watching the animals - they have so much personality!

This week's Photo of the Week (hosted by Jessica Rogers Photography) is from the Safari Park.

Do you like my Zebra socks?

A couple more fun shots from that day:

Sleepy Kitty

This Lion has the right idea - it was a hot & humid day and I would have curled up in the shade for a nap, too, if I could have!

Mmmmmm.....tree :)

I had no idea that Giraffes had black tongues!

I will definitely head back to the Safari Park when the weather cools. There is more to see that we didn't get to. We took off early afternoon - I'd had enough of the heat and it was getting too crowded for my taste, but that is what we get for going on a holiday weekend. At least we had the sense to get there when they opened!

No comments: