Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pizza Hunting

Back in January I shared about my search for Napoletano style pizza in San Diego. I found the awesome Pizzeria Bruno and thoroughly enjoyed their Margherita Pizza with Buffalo Mozzarella. Since then I've been keeping my eyes open for other similar establishments, and though I've had a good many pizzas since January I hadn't found another pizzeria worth sharing with you until this past Friday.

A couple of months ago I took a chance and purchased a Facebook Deal for Osteria Origano.  The menu sounded good and the location was a part of town where I knew good restaurants abound.  My hubbie and I finally got around to using our certificate this past Friday evening and it was amazing!



Our server was from Catania (a city near where we lived in Sicily) and the pizza chef was also Sicilian.  We spoke a bit of Italian with our server and reminisced about the wonderful food in Sicily and we got the inside scoop on the best pizzas at Origano. I chose to enjoy a simple pizza topped with Buffalo Mozzarella and Prosciutto and it was simply wonderful!



I can't wait to go back! I feel like I discovered a little piece of my Sicilian "home" here in San Diego. If you'd like to check out Osteria Origano for yourself (and I highly recommend that you do) you can find them at:

Osteria Origano
3650 5th avenue, #103
San Diego Ca 92103
619-295-9590

No comments: