Sunday, May 18, 2008

Noto Infiorata

Yesterday Les and I made the drive down to Noto for Infiorata, the spring flower festival. It didn't seem like there was as much going on this year as there was last year, but the flower mosaics were still beautiful. Here are some of the pictures from the day:

The Duomo in Noto

And the flower mosaics (very different style from last year):















It was pretty warm yesterday so we headed for granite (like a slushy) as soon as we finished walking the road with the mosaics.

Peeking down a street in Noto

We didn't stay in Noto for very long. Just a couple of hours. Les was tired and not feeling too well. I think it had something to do with the heat and not enough water.

On our way home we stopped in Siracusa and did a bit of shopping. I finally found a camera backpack that I love! Not too big but holds all of my gear. The only thing I wish it had were straps for a tripod, but I think I can rig it up to work.

Overall Les and I had a wonderful day. It was sooo nice to get out of the house for awhile and take a break from studying...which is has been taking up most of my time.

----------------
Now playing: Sarah Brightman - Gloomy Sunday
via FoxyTunes

No comments: