Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year!

Is it 2011 already? Where did December go? My apologies for the lack of posts in December - moving and the holidays got the better of me, not to mention my only internet connection being my iPhone or the rare trip with my laptop to Starbucks.  Not that trips to Starbucks were rare, I just rarely had time to take my laptop and sit awhile.

We are finally starting to get settled into our new place in the Normal Heights neighborhood of San Diego.  We found a cute little cottage to rent and have been busy putting in our personal touches.  Once we are finished I'll take a few photos to share.  Still too much clutter for that at the moment.

We also enjoyed a fantastic Christmas with family and a New Year's Eve with friends and much laughter.  We've had a blast reconnecting with family and friends - many of whom we hadn't seen in four years!

Transitioning back to Stateside life has had its challenges, to be sure.  I don't think I was prepared for the culture shock.  I knew it would be there, but it keeps sneaking up on me when I least expect it!  I have many observations to share, but I'll save those for a post of their own.

For now I need to get back to a few things around the house.  I'll leave you with a photo that I took before Christmas at my Grandmother's house.  I had the best intentions of blogging it sooner, but well...   :)

No comments: