Friday, May 27, 2011

Wildflower Hunting

This week's Photo of the Week (hosted by Jessica Rogers Photography) is from a trip my mom & I took awhile back to hunt for wildflowers.  It was still a bit early in the season but we found some gorgeous lupines and poppies.

Busy Bee

I had a great time playing with my mom's macro lens...would love to have my own...one of these days... :) Anyhow, I'm not usually one for bugs, not my favorite creatures at all, until I had a macro lens on my camera! I was crawling around on the ground, dodging cow patties, all for a great shot of a flower with a bee.  I lucked out with the photo above. I was taking photos of this poppy and the bee just happened to land in my shot!!

Here are a few of the other lovely fiori (flowers in Italian) that I found that day:





Have a lovely long weekend!!

No comments: